Introduction to Abstract Art with Louise Guidry starting TBA
Course Designed For New or Continuing Students:
3-Day Workshop: Meeting 3 times in 1 week for 4 hours per day
All Materials Provided!
For adults and teens. Designed for all skill levels!
No prior experience required.
Normally no more than 12 students in the workshop.
- Introduction to Abstract Art Workshop:All Materials Provided
- 3-Day Workshop held over a week, meeting 4 hours per day
- For Beginners to the Advanced Artist who would like learn or further explore abstract or non objective painting.
- This workshop is designed for all skill levels; all levels are welcome!
- Complimentary Wifi
- Bottled water, coffee, and tea will be provided.
- Professional convertible studio easels and cushioned drafting chairs are supplied to create a comfortable learning environment. We will also provide tables, drawing boards, and clips during class sessions.
Instructor & Artist: Louise Guidry
Class time: Meeting three days on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 1pm-5pm (with a break for lunch) for a one week-session.
Session: Starting TBA
Location: Achilles Print Studio, LLC located at 321 Oil Center Drive, Lafayette, Louisiana, 70503
phone: 337-534-8491 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $235 for this 3-day workshop, 4 hours per day. All Materials Provided as well as bottled water, coffee, and tea.
*All materials, tables, easels, and chairs are supplied for use during the 3-day workshop.
*Please see below for class description, artist biography/statement
Introduction to Abstract Art with Louise Guidry
3- Day Workshop Description
- Gallery visits
- Looking at other artist work; we never copy another artist work but we can certainly be inspired.
We will explore a variety of ways of incorporating texture in a work using various mediums as well as utilizing collage to further explore texture and depth.
In this workshop we will also explore the Elements and Principles of Design. The study of Design, which are just important in abstract art as in realism art. Working abstractly does not have to be mysterious instead it can be exciting, creative, and above all enjoyable.
Biography & Artist Statment
Instructor, Louise Guidry
Louise married, had children and was very occupied with family life and an elementary school teaching career, but once her children were grown up she went to study at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette at age 54 and received her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree at the age of 58. Louise has been making artwork ever since and now her paintings are accepted around the world.
"I am 87 years old, and painting keeps me young!" -Louise Guidry