The Writer’s Desk: Advanced Prose Class with Dr. Leigh Camacho Rourks starting TBA
Course Designed For New or Continuing Students:
5-Week Session: Meeting once a week for 1.5 hours
For adults. Normally no more than 10 students in the class.
The Writer’s Desk: Advanced Prose Class:
- 5-week session: 5 classes | 1.5 hours per class.
- For adults.
- This workshop is designed for advanced writers looking to hone their skills and increase their productivity.
- Whether you are looking to revise and rework existing projects or start new ones, this course can help you move towards publication.
- Complimentary Wifi.
- Bottled water, coffee, and tea will be provided.
Session: Starting TBA
Class time: Wednesdays from 10:30am - 12pm for 5-week session
(Please Note: No class on July 4 for Independence Day)
Instructor & Author: Dr. Leigh Camacho Rourks
Location: Achilles Print Studio, LLC located at 321 Oil Center Drive, Lafayette, Louisiana, 70503
phone: 337-534-8491 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $160 for this 5-week session: 5 classes, 1.5 hours per class.
*Students should bring something to write on, whether it be a notebook or laptop.*Please see below for course description and instructor's biography.
The Writer’s Desk: Advanced Prose Class
- Writers should be prepared to print, submit, and share work with the rest of the class
Instructor & Author,
Dr. Leigh Camacho Rourks
Leigh Camacho Rourks lives and teaches in Lafayette, Louisiana. Her forthcoming collection of short stories, Moon Trees and Other Orphans, is the winner of the 2018 St. Lawrence Book Award. She has also been the recipient of the Glenna Luschei Prairie Schooner Award and the Robert Watson Literary Review Prize, as well as being short listed for a number of other awards. Her fiction, non-fiction, and poetry have appeared in Prairie Schooner, TriQuarterly, December Magazine, Louisiana Literature, and many other magazines, journals, and anthologies.